Monday, September 10, 2007

Thai Currie is in Thailand

Thought that if you were still checking this, you'd appreciate knowing this. Hope all is well for all of you. I would like to make one edition to the culture shock phase diagram. I think there's a phase that comes before "honeymoon stage". Yep. I went through it. It's called "Is this for real?" Yep, its the phase that begins when you get on the plane and feel like God will need to push you all the way there because its just too crazy too imagine. Its the phase that you wonder what two years will be like even though you want to do this forever you think. Its the phase when the guy who picks you up at the airport says, "well, Melanie, once you rest a couple days, we'll go buy you furniture." What? Furniture? Wow, I'm really here.

Just thought I'd add that. Here's a cute pictures now that I'm on to "Honeymoon Phase". :)


Arrival in Bangkok with a church family that flew over with me!

The street just by our church office during a big downpour in rainy season now. Do you see the huge lakes of water on the roads?

Thai dance class in the slum community where we are ministering. Aren't they cute? Beautiful girls concentrating so hard!

Birthday party in our living room

My Thai roommates, one American roommate (leaving soon) and me! What a blessing! They are all staff with the team.

Registering for Thai classes starting Sept.20 through Christmas with a teammate.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I'm really glad folks are posting still. I look forward to posting about my "is this for real?" phase in about a month...