Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lessons Learned In NYC

1. When your phone breaks, check the language of the Verizon Store before you go there to get it fixed and find yourself in the middle of Chinatown.
2. Things aren't as they may seem. Don't be dismayed when you reach the Verizon store address and realize its not that at all. It's a Chinese Lunch Box Buffet.
3. Never eat pizza while walking. The Five Second Rule does not apply to NY City streets.
4. There is still sympathy in NY. The two guys beside me did go "Aww" as my pizza fell from my plate on to the pavement.
5. No one in NYC really knows where they're going. After all this, someone actually asked me for directions!

With these lessons, you will be a smarter New Yorker.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Did I mention that we did find a Verizon store last night?

It's in Harlem on 125th street, just half a block down from the Apollo Theater.

trmills said...

directions? Oh...yeah.

- Walk down 11th
- Take a left at my pizza....